As disciple-making educators working towards the development of the whole child, Lake Norman Christian School seeks to learn about the spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development of each applicant. We look for evidence of good character, intellectual ability, emotional maturity, curiosity, and breadth of interests. Although we want to guard the culture and environment of our school, students are not necessarily required to be professing Christians in order to attend. The Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each candidate on the basis of previous academic records, behavior reports, recommendations, and a student shadow day.
Disciple-making educators working towards the development of the whole child.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTSExtenuating circumstances may be considered.
- A desire to learn in a Christian environment.
- Current C- average or higher with no failing grades in any subject.
- Good conduct record.
- Ability to succeed without 'special education' resources.
- Tuition payments are and remain current
The best way to get to know us is to be our guest on a tour of our campus. We prefer to provide our tours personally, one-on-one, to allow you and your family ample opportunity to get to know us. During your tour, you will have the opportunity to observe classes, speak with administrators, understand the academic and behavioral standards of the school, and assess the compatibility of your needs with what the school offers.
Our Admissions Director, Mrs. Chastity Gerringer, can be reached by calling at 704-987-9811 or through email to schedule your tour. Alternatively, you may click here to request more information.
INITIAL RECORDS SUMBISSION
Please provide report cards, discipline records, and transcripts for both the current year and previous year, preferably before the student shadow day. This does not need to be formally sent by the student’s current school.
PARENT & STUDENT INTERVIEW
There will be an interview with both parents and the student with a member of the Admissions Committee. This interview may take place on the tour day or be scheduled subsequently. The interview, which lasts approximately 30-45 minutes, allows any questions and concerns on the part of either LKNC or the interested party to be discussed. If the student is not present, then a follow-up meeting will be scheduled for the student interview which may take place before, on, or after the student shadow day.
STUDENT SHADOW DAY
A student shadow day is scheduled for the applicant to experience Lake Norman Christian School. The applicant will spend the day interacting with students in his/her grade level while our teachers have an opportunity to assess the student’s level of achievement in reading, writing, and math. Grades K-5 are required to spend a half day in class (8:00 – 11:00). Grades 6-12 are encouraged to spend a full day in class (8:00 – 2:45).
APPLICATION & RECORDS
- Submit an application along with a $100.00 non-refundable fee.
- Provide previous school transcripts.
- Provide results of Standardized Testing and Placement Testing and complete any testing that may be required by LKNC.
- Kindergarten: Pre-School Teacher Evaluation Form
- Grades 6-12: Applicant Questionnaire Form
- Agreement with the Student and Parent Handbook
- Grades 1-5: Elementary Teacher Recommendation and Character Reference Forms
- Grades 6-12: Math Teacher Recommendation, English Teacher Recommendation and Character Reference Forms
- Home School (9th-12th): Character Reference Form.
- Access online application here
When making the final decision regarding an applicant, the Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each candidate on the basis of admissions tests (if required), previous academic records, recommendations, and the student shadow day. If necessary, a follow-up meeting may be scheduled to discuss admission testing results (if applicable), grade and behavior records, and administrator and teacher observations from the student shadow day. You will be given an informal (though binding) decision of acceptance by email, which will be followed up by a formal, written acceptance letter through the mail.