As disciple-making educators working towards the development of the whole child, Lake Norman Christian School seeks to learn about the spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development of each applicant. We look for evidence of good character, intellectual ability, emotional maturity, curiosity, and breadth of interests. Although we want to guard the culture and environment of our school, students are not required to be professing Christians in order to attend. The Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each candidate on the basis of previous academic records, behavior reports, recommendations, entrance evaluations, and interview.
Disciple-making educators working towards the development of the whole child.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- A desire to learn in a Christian environment.
- Current C average or higher.
- Good conduct record.
The best way to get to know us is to be our guest on a tour of our campus. We prefer to provide our tours personally, one-on-one, to allow you and your family ample opportunity to get to know us. During your tour, you will have the opportunity to observe classes, speak with administrators, understand the academic and behavioral standards of the school, and assess the compatibility of your needs with what the school offers.
INITIAL RECORDS SUBMISSION
Please provide report cards, discipline records, and transcripts for both the current year and previous year, preferably before the student shadow day. This does not need to be formally sent by the student’s current school.
PARENT & STUDENT INTERVIEW
There will be an interview with both parents and the student with a member of the Admissions Committee. This interview may take place on the tour day or be scheduled subsequently. The interview, which lasts approximately 30-45 minutes, allows any questions and concerns on the part of either LKNC or the interested party to be discussed. If the student is not present, then a follow-up meeting will be scheduled for the student interview which may take place before, on, or after the student shadow day.
STUDENT SHADOW DAY
A student shadow day can be scheduled upon request.
APPLICATION & RECORDS
- Submit an application along with a $100.00 non-refundable fee.
- Provide previous school transcripts.
- Provide results of Standardized Testing and Placement Testing and complete any testing that may be required by LKNC.
- Kindergarten: Pre-School Teacher Evaluation Form
- Grades 6-12: Applicant Questionnaire Form
- Agreement with the Student and Parent Handbook
- Grades 1-5: Elementary Teacher Recommendation and Character Reference Forms
- Grades 6-12: Math Teacher Recommendation, English Teacher Recommendation and Character Reference Forms
- Home School (9th-12th): Character Reference Form.
- Access online application here
The Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each candidate on the basis of previous academic records, behavior reports, recommendations, entrance evaluations, and interview. Once approved, you will be given the decision of acceptance by email, which will be followed up by a formal, written acceptance letter through the mail.