Our guiding scripture at LKNC is "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33 Below is our Statement of Faith, in keeping with traditional principles of the Christian faith.
- We believe that there is one and only one God, eternally existing in three co-equal and co-substantial persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Bible is God's written revelation to man, and that it is verbally inspired by God Himself--authoritative, completely reliable, and without error in the original manuscripts. Both Old and New Testaments are equally inspired and, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, are the only infallible rules in matters of fath and practice.
- We believe in the full and complete deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, and miracles; His sacrificial, substitutionary death on the cross to provide for our redemption; His bodily resurrection from the dead and ascension into heaven; His present ministry of intercession for us; and His literal, bodily return to earth, in power and glory.
- We believe in the personality and the full and complete deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of the new birth in an unbeliever, and that He indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. Only through faith, trusting in Christ alone for salvation, which was made possible by His death and resurrection, can that alienation be removed. Salvation is God's free gift to us, but we must accept it. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness, can anyone be saved from sin's penalty.
- We believe that people were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through His forgiveness and salvation. Heaven and hell are literal places of eternal existence.